Wednesday, March 4, 2009

God's love in Kenya: preaching while cycling

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching." 
-2Timothy 2:2
Pictured below are two of the brothers we encourage prayer and support for in Nakuru, Kenya. Benson Nganga (with the big smile), who directs the Fiwagoh Mission Orphanage Minnistry, was in our home last year. The other brother, Kennedy Nyakundi, a dear friend of his, has spent much time walking in the hot sun to villages to preach the gospel and encourage the believers. In January we sent $100 to purchase a good quality bicycle to speed Kennedy on his journeys. God was not slow in opening doors for Kennedy with the bicycle. Following is from an e-mail he sent January 29. I have clarified it a bit.

Mighty things are happening through the gift of the bicycle you gave me. I was coming home from a fellowship of a church that I started early last year 2/5/2007. I came in contact with a man who had a bicycle on the highway, and I started sharing with him while cycling the bicycle. I introduced myself and he also introduced himself. I said to him I am a pastor and he said that he said that he was a medecineman [witch doctor?]. For a long time I shared with him the gospel. I asked him if can give his life to Jesus, he agreed and we stopped our bicycles on the roadside and he gave his heart to Jesus. Praise the lord! .......When I asked him where he comes from, I discovered that he is one from the neighbourhood where we have the church. Now he is coming to the church. Dear brother Brad the bicycle is making the gospel go faster. Many people have given their lives to Jesus in one of the markets in the city of Nakuru. Last week I was sharing in the market why Jesus came [John 10:10-12] and 13 people gave their lives to Jesus, 9 women and and 4 men. I will be briefing you what is going on here. May God bless you.
Your brother in Kenya,
Pastor Kennedy Nyakundi




Please pray for God to move these brothers (and their co-workers) to preach with great love and boldness. May God add many to his church there. Among these brothers there are still several evangelists who walk to the villages because a $100 bicycle equals two months wages. Pray that God would move saints here to sent money to equip the evangelists with bicycles to speed the gospel on its way. If you want to be part of the answer to that prayer, you can get a tax-deductible receipt by sending your donation to:
Community Christian Ministries
PO Box 516
Moscow ID 83843
Attach a note specifying for Oasis Books-Kenya Orphanage-bicycles

If you don't need a tax receipt you can contact us directly by mail or phone at:
Oasis Books
25 W Center
Logan UT 84321

Either way 100% of the donation will go to Kenya.

2 comments:

  1. Dear friend.
    A team of us from Australia visited Benson and family in December 2008 for four weeks and what a blessed time it was. We had fundraised to help render their new orphanage and have come home to try and raise more funds for a further trip this December 2009.Their needs are many top of the list food, and warm clothing as it does get cold there, and I would like to supply each child with warm pajamas and a warm blanket. If there is anyone in Australia who would like to join me in this vision I can be contacted at jeanettesmile@bigpond.com. I loved your articles. Christian regards and greetings from Australia. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you all, keep up the good work. Japheth

    ReplyDelete